multicultural
does not describe me fully
it is where to start



Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Too Many Websites?


Over the years, I have kept active at least two separate blogs. That made sense because each focused on completely different topics. This particular blog has focused mostly on my literary life.  The other blogs focused on personal health and a miscellany of topics. Each of these blogs has had its own personality. For example, one was strictly prose; another, poetry. Each also had its own discrete set of followers.

With the publication of my book, Peace on the Journey: Poems, I have also created another blog/website called Peace on the Journey, still under construction. That website’s concept is that it will focus strictly on the book. Besides, it gave me an opportunity to register the name of my book as a website.

Increasingly, though, I find myself using the same post in the various blogs. Now, that might be a sign of fatigue over managing too many blogs. Or, it might be a sign that I am finally integrating the separate parts of my life.  I do own the rights to JudithMercado.com, which is currently inactive. Perhaps, when I eventually activate that website, I will have full integration by simply listing separate pages for each of my various blogs. We’ll see. This is a work in progress, as is my life.

In the meantime, I share with you today’s poem from my Peace Be with You blog



http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Chiltern_Hoarfrost_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1274946.jpg


Future Promise


Morning hoarfrost forms
fresh dew frozen on parched grass
before sunlight comes.

A slumbering world
poised to shed its dormancy
awaits light’s coming.

What life may exist
beneath apparent stillness
holds future promise.

2 comments:

Muffie said...

I admire the fact that you can maintain these different sites. I'll be looking forward to the new one!

Judith Mercado said...

Muff, don't let quantity fool you. It is a challenge!