multicultural
does not describe me fully
it is where to start



Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dona Nobis Pacem




On this day in which bloggers world-wide blog for peace, I ask…

Who can rest easy
accepting war's lasting costs?
The lives it destroys?

What does peace mean for
the prisoner in her cell?
The war refugee?

 When can peace lighten
a work-weary parent's toil
to feed his loved ones?

Where can the ruler
meet the outstretched hands yearning
for true equity?

How do we create
a language common to the
criminal and saint?

Why do we allow
artificial barriers
to mar connection?

May peace be with us
across national borders
and private strivings.


The international Blog4Peace movement was inspired by Mimi who requested that we title our posts Donna Nobis Pacem, Latin for Grant Us Peace.


4 comments:

Muffie said...

Beautiful and thought provoking!

A Cuban In London said...

I echo your feelings. Lovely post. Thanks.

Greetings from London.

A Cuban In London said...

Thanks for your recnt comments. I really aprpeciate you popping over, especially with your busy schedule as a writer. I hope you are enjoying your Cuban cinema course. That's a subject I could talk about for hours on end! :-) Especially the old movies.

Greetings from London.

Judith Mercado said...

Thank you, Muffie and Cuban. I had been away so long from this blog because of competing calls on my time that I had not been aware you had left comments. My sincerest apologies. I now intend to be more active with this blog; at least, more than once every few months.